- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 9/16 × 3 3/4 inches (14.1 × 9.5 cm), Plate: 5 5/16 × 3 7/16 inches (13.5 × 8.7 cm), and Image: 5 1/16 × 3 5/16 inches (12.9 × 8.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "245a"
Lettered, lower left: "Warner, delin"; lettered, lower center: "Lens fe:"; lettered, lower right: "E.Cooper ex"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angel | awe | bed | book | canopy | Christianity | dove | halos | kneeling | New Testament | pregnant | religious and mythological subject | the Annunciation: Mary Kneeling | virgin | wings | woman
- Associated People:
- The Virgin Mary
The Holy Spirit
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Bernard Lens, 1659–1725, British, Annuciation, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.