- Nymphs Bathing
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 10 1/16 × 11 11/16 inches (25.6 × 29.7 cm) and Image: 9 9/16 × 11 9/16 inches (24.3 × 29.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "287"
Lettered, lower left: "Cornelius Poulenberg pinxit Roma."; lettered, lower center: "Fair Nymphs while from the Sun's too fervent heat | To Bathe in the cool River you retreet, | B. Lens Fec."; lettered, lower center: "Beware of Curious eyes, Lest you reveal | Those very Beauties, which you wou'd conceal."; lettered, lower right: "Printed for the Bowles next the | Chapter house in St. Pauls Church Yard."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bathing | bushes | clouds | flowers | landscape | nudes | nymphs | pointing | religious and mythological subject | river | riverbank | rock (landform) | ruins | sitting | sky | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Bernard Lens, 1659–1725, British, Nymphs Bathing, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.