The Tomb of Mary Magdalene
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed to plate): 9 × 11 7/16 inches (22.9 × 29.1 cm) and Image: 8 5/8 × 11 3/8 inches (21.9 × 28.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "366"
Lettered, lower left: "B.Lens fe:"; lettered, lower center: "Mary . Magdelens . Toomb ."; lettered, lower right: "Sold by B.Lens between Bridewell Bridge & Fleet Bridge in Black Friers-"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arrow | bones | bust | cave | Christianity | flowers | men | monument | mountain | pillar | pool | relic | religious and mythological subject | skull (skeleton component) | statues | tomb | vines | visitors | women
- Associated People:
- Mary Magdalen, Saint
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Bernard Lens, 1659–1725, British, The Tomb of Mary Magdalene, 1690s
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.