IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Bernard Lens, 1659–1725, British, The Tomb of Mary Magdalene, 1690s
The Tomb of Mary Magdalene
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 9 × 11 7/16 inches (22.9 × 29.1 cm), Image: 8 5/8 × 11 3/8 inches (21.9 × 28.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "366"
Lettered, lower left: "B.Lens fe:"; lettered, lower center: "Mary . Magdelens . Toomb ."; lettered, lower right: "Sold by B.Lens between Bridewell Bridge & Fleet Bridge in Black Friers-"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arrow | bones | bust | cave | Christianity | flowers | men | monument | mountain | pillar | pool | relic | religious and mythological subject | skull (skeleton component) | statues | tomb | vines | visitors | women
- Associated People:
- Mary Magdalen, Saint
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Fancy Pieces - Genre Mezzotints by Robert Robinson & His Contemporaries (Yale Center for British Art, 1994-11-19 - 1995-01-29) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.