The Judgement of Paris
- 1680s to 1690s
- Mezzotint on thin, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 11 1/2 × 8 3/4 inches (29.2 × 22.2 cm) and Image: 11 1/8 × 8 3/4 inches (28.3 × 22.2 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "372"
Lettered below image, lower center: "The Judgement of Paris"; lower left: "P.Lely Eques delin. | B.Lens fecit."; lower right: "E.Cooper excudit, Cum- | Privilegio Regis."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angel | apple | armor | cape | chariot | cloud | crown | Garland | god | goddess | helmet | hill | man | mother | nude | nymph | Paris and the golden apple | peacock | peacock (bird) | pointing | prelude to the Trojan war: the love-story of Paris (also called Alexander) and Helen | putto | religious and mythological subject | rock | sitting | son | spear | staff | the Judgement of Paris (Mercury present) | tree | Trojan war | vine | watching | wings | woman | woods
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Bernard Lens, 1659–1725, British, The Judgement of Paris, 1680s to 1690s
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.