- Plaudit Ave Regina
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 11/16 × 7 1/4 inches (24.6 × 18.4 cm), Plate: 9 7/16 × 7 inches (24 × 17.8 cm), and Image: 8 5/8 × 6 15/16 inches (21.9 × 17.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "18[?] 221A"
Lettered, lower left: "Plaudit Ave regina cohors terraeque polique | (o Signum nostrae grande Salutis ave!) | A van Dyck pinx:"; lettered, lower right: "Stringe tuum pia stringe parens tua gaudia natum | Gaudia vera polo vera dat ille solo. | J Smith: ex:"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angels | bows | Christianity | cloth | clouds | cross (motif) | dress | halo | instruments | lute | music | orb | religious and mythological subject | snake | standing | violin | wings
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Smith, 1652–1743, British, Plaudit Ave Regina, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.