Madonna, Child, and Angel
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 7/16 × 7 15/16 inches (26.5 × 20.2 cm), Plate: 9 1/4 × 7 inches (23.5 × 17.8 cm), and Image: 8 7/8 × 7 inches (22.5 × 17.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "365"
Lettered, lower left: "B. Lens F."; lettered, lower right: "E.Cooper Ex."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angel | baby | basket | Christianity | comfort | fruits | gathering | holding | kneeling | Madonna: i.e. Mary with the Christ-child | mother | reaching | religious and mythological subject | trees | wings
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Bernard Lens, 1659–1725, British, Madonna, Child, and Angel, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.