Madonna, Child, and Angel
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 7/16 × 7 15/16 inches (26.5 × 20.2 cm), Plate: 9 1/4 × 7 inches (23.5 × 17.8 cm), and Image: 8 7/8 × 7 inches (22.5 × 17.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "365"
Lettered, lower left: "B. Lens F."; lettered, lower right: "E.Cooper Ex."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angel | baby | basket | Christianity | comfort | fruits | gathering | holding | kneeling | Madonna: i.e. Mary with the Christ-child | mother | reaching | religious and mythological subject | trees | wings
- Associated People:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Bernard Lens, 1659–1725, British, Madonna, Child, and Angel, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.