Tobit and the Angel
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed to plate): 4 7/8 × 6 3/8 inches (12.4 × 16.2 cm) and Image: 4 1/2 × 6 1/4 inches (11.4 × 15.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "432a"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "43"
Lettered, lower left: "Aellsheimer pinx: J Smith fe:"; lettered, lower center: "Cum privilegio Regis"; lettered, lower right: "Alexr. Browne excudit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angel | boy | crossing | dog | fish | healing | horse (animal) | instructions | livestock | men | Old Testament | reflection | religious and mythological subject | river | staff | stones | traveling | trees
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Smith, 1652–1743, British, Tobit and the Angel, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.