Tobit and the Angel
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- 4 7/8 × 6 3/8 inches (12.4 × 16.2 cm) and 4 1/2 × 6 1/4 inches (11.4 × 15.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "432a"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "43"
Lettered, lower left: "Aellsheimer pinx: J Smith fe:"; lettered, lower center: "Cum privilegio Regis"; lettered, lower right: "Alexr. Browne excudit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angel | boy | crossing | dog | fish | healing | horse (animal) | instructions | livestock | men | Old Testament | reflection | religious and mythological subject | river | staff | stones | traveling | trees
- Associated People:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Smith, 1652–1743, British, Tobit and the Angel, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.