- Cupid and Psyche
- between 1690 and 1699
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 1/2 × 13 inches (24.1 × 33 cm) and Image: 9 1/2 x 13 inches (24.1 x 33 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "Vandyck | (the painting is at | Hampton Court)"; in graphite, lower center: "Cupid & Psyches | Proof"; in graphite, lower right: "B. Lens"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arrows | beauty | bow | box | god | goddess | love | quiver | religious and mythological subject | rivers | salvaging a wreck | sleeping | story of Cupid and Psyche (Apuleius, 'Metamorphoses' (Golden Ass) IV 28 - VI 25) | wings | wives
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Bernard Lens, 1659–1725, British, Cupid and Psyche, between 1690 and 1699
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.