Venus and Adonis
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- 10 3/8 × 14 inches (26.4 × 35.6 cm), 9 7/8 × 13 7/16 inches (25.1 × 34.1 cm), and 9 9/16 × 13 3/8 inches (24.3 × 34 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "#38"
Lettered, lower left: "Mrs Ann Killegrew pinx: B Lens fe:"; lettered, lower center: "Venus & Adonis"; lettered, lower right: "printed for Jo. Bowles at the Black Horse Cornhill."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cloak | goddess | Horn (Musical instrument) | hunting | hunting dogs | love | man | nude | religious and mythological subject | spear | wings | wisdom
- Associated People:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Bernard Lens, 1659–1725, British, Venus and Adonis, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.