Acteon and Diana
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 1/16 × 10 5/8 inches (35.7 × 27 cm), Plate: 13 3/8 × 9 7/8 inches (34 × 25.1 cm), and Image: 13 1/8 × 9 3/4 inches (33.3 × 24.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "#39"
Lettered, lower left: "B Lens fec:"; lettered, lower center: "Acteon & Diana"; lettered, lower right: "Sold by J Smith at ye Lyon & Crown in Russell Street Covent Garden."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- accident | arrows | bathing | bow | cloak | crescent moons | dog | goddess | man | moon | nudes | nymphs | pool | quiver | religious and mythological subject | spear | trees | walking | walking
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Bernard Lens, 1659–1725, British, Acteon and Diana, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.