The Judgement of Paris
- Mezzotint with line engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- 10 13/16 × 12 7/16 inches (27.5 × 31.6 cm), 10 1/4 × 11 7/8 inches (26 × 30.2 cm), and 9 7/8 × 11 13/16 inches (25.1 × 30 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center left: "#32"
Lettered, lower left: "B Lens fec:"; lettered, lower left: "Printed for John Bowles, at No.13 in Cornhill."; lettered, lower center: "The Judgement of Paris";; lettered, lower right: "E. Cooper Ex:"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armor | beauty | chariot | choosing | clouds | contest | descending | god | goddesses | helmets | judgements | man | peacocks (birds) | power | putti | staff | trees | wisdom | wreath
- Associated People:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Bernard Lens, 1659–1725, British, The Judgement of Paris, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.