The Judgement of Paris
- Mezzotint with line engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 13/16 × 12 7/16 inches (27.5 × 31.6 cm), Plate: 10 1/4 × 11 7/8 inches (26 × 30.2 cm), and Image: 9 7/8 × 11 13/16 inches (25.1 × 30 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center left: "#32"
Lettered, lower left: "B Lens fec:"; lettered, lower left: "Printed for John Bowles, at No.13 in Cornhill."; lettered, lower center: "The Judgement of Paris";; lettered, lower right: "E. Cooper Ex:"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armor | beauty | chariot | choosing | clouds | contest | descending | helmets | judgements | man | putti | staff | trees | wreath
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Bernard Lens, 1659–1725, British, The Judgement of Paris, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.