- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 1/2 × 10 1/2 inches (36.8 × 26.7 cm), Plate: 13 13/16 × 9 15/16 inches (35.1 × 25.2 cm), and Image: 12 1/8 × 9 3/4 inches (30.8 × 24.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "#22"
Lettered, lower left: "P.Mercier pinx."; lettered, lower right: "J.S.Negges Sc.et exc."; lettered, lower center: "Mittag. Le Midi. Meridies. | Cum Gratia et Privil. S. C. M. Acad. Fr. A. A. L L."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | costume | dress | figure study | genre subject | gloves
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
John Ingamells, A Catalogue of the Paintings, Drawings, and Etchings of Philip Mercier, Volume of the Walpole Society, vol. 46, Walpole Society, 1976-8, pp. 5, 48, no. 1195, pl. 14b, N12 W35 +A1 OVERSIZE (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Johann Simon Negges, 1726–1792, Mittag, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.