- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 1/2 × 9 3/16 inches (34.3 × 23.3 cm) and Plate: 9 15/16 × 7 5/16 inches (25.2 × 18.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "131B"
Lettered, lower center: "II. | S. ANDREAS | Bir haben den Messiam sunden, | (welches ist verdolmetschet, der [G]]elsalbre.) | Joh:c.t.v.41."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apostle | Cartouche | cherubs | Christianity | German | Gospels | inscription | martyr | New Testament | religious and mythological subject | saint | Saint Andrew's crosses
- Associated People:
- St. Andrew
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.