- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 1/2 × 9 3/16 inches (34.3 × 23.3 cm) and Plate: 9 7/8 × 7 1/4 inches (25.1 × 18.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "132A"
Lettered, lower center: "III. | S.IACOBUS MAJOR. | Uber die trucht der ge, | rechtigseit wird im friede | gesaet, denen die den frieden | halten. Jac: 3.c.18.v"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apostle | beard | Cartouche | Christianity | epistle of James | fisherman | hat | New Testament | paper | peace | reading | religious and mythological subject | saint | shell | spear
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.