- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 1/2 × 9 1/4 inches (34.3 × 23.5 cm) and Plate: 9 13/16 × 7 3/16 inches (24.9 × 18.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "132B"
Lettered, lower center: "S. JOHANNES EVANGELISTA | Ditz Geboshaben wir von Goss dak | wer Gott hebet dak der much seinen | Gruder hebe. t. joh. c.4. D..21."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Cartouche | chalice | Christianity | cloak | curls | evangelist | Gospels | New Testament | poison | religious and mythological subject | removing | saint | serpent | wine
- Associated People:
- John the Evangelist
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Elias Nessenthaler, 1664–1714, S. Johannes, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.