- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- 13 1/2 × 9 5/16 inches (34.3 × 23.7 cm) and 9 3/4 × 7 3/16 inches (24.8 × 18.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "130A"
Lettered, lower left: "Mer mein fleisch [...] | der bleibet in mir"; lettered, lower right: "und trincket meinbliu | und ich in ihm"; lettered, lower center: " JESUS CHRISTUS | Gottes und Maria Sohn | unser herz und nenland | Sprinct also | Ein neu Gebott gebeicheuck | dak ihr euch unfereinan | der liebet. Joh 13. v34"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- blessing | Cartouche | Christianity | cross (motif) | curls | flesh | grapes | halo | orb | religious and mythological subject | vines | wheat
- Associated People:
- Jesus Christ (7-2 BC/BCE to 30-36 AD/CE)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Elias Nessenthaler, 1664–1714, Jesus Christus, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.