- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 1/2 × 9 5/16 inches (34.3 × 23.7 cm) and Plate: 9 3/4 × 7 3/16 inches (24.8 × 18.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "130A"
Lettered, lower left: "Mer mein fleisch [...] | der bleibet in mir"; lettered, lower right: "und trincket meinbliu | und ich in ihm"; lettered, lower center: " JESUS CHRISTUS | Gottes und Maria Sohn | unser herz und nenland | Sprinct also | Ein neu Gebott gebeicheuck | dak ihr euch unfereinan | der liebet. Joh 13. v34"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- blessing | Christianity | cross (motif) | flesh | orb | vines | wheat
- Associated People:
- Jesus Christ (7-2 BC/BCE to 30-36 AD/CE)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Elias Nessenthaler, 1664–1714, Jesus Christus, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.