- George Steevens, F.R.S. & A.S.S.
- Soft-ground etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 3/8 x 7 3/4 inches (26.3 x 19.7 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "G Dance R.A. Delt Decr 7, 1793"; lower center: "George Steevens, F.R.S. & A.S.S. | Published by Will.m Daniell No.9 Cleveland Street, Fitzroy Square, London Nov.r 1st 1808"; lower right: "W.m Daniell Sculp"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Chauncey Brewster Tinker
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- antiquarian | collar | editor | man | portrait | posing | profile | scholar | wig
- Associated People:
- Steevens, George (1736–1800), literary editor and scholar
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Daniell, 1769–1837, British, George Steevens, F.R.S. & A.S.S, 1808
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.