IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by William Daniell, 1769–1837, British, George Steevens, F.R.S. & A.S.S, 1808
George Steevens, F.R.S. & A.S.S.
- Soft-ground etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 3/8 × 7 3/4 inches (26.3 × 19.7 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "G Dance R.A. Delt Decr 7, 1793"; lower center: "George Steevens, F.R.S. & A.S.S. | Published by Will.m Daniell No.9 Cleveland Street, Fitzroy Square, London Nov.r 1st 1808"; lower right: "W.m Daniell Sculp"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Chauncey Brewster Tinker
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- antiquarian | collar | editor | man | portrait | posing | profile | scholar | wig
- Associated People:
- Steevens, George (1736–1800), literary editor and scholar
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.