- Line engraving and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper, laid in mount
- 7 1/16 × 4 1/2 inches (17.9 × 11.5 cm) and 6 7/8 × 4 7/16 inches (17.5 × 11.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower left: "Mii. 437. | 2"
Lettered in black ink, lower center, within image, in plinth: "DAVID HUME | Esq"; lower right: "Collyer Sculpt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Chauncey Brewster Tinker
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- allegories | armor | books | coat | coat of arms | costume | cravat | crest | feathers | frill | helmet | historian | History | laurel | laurel crown | lion | man | mythology | oval | philosopher | plinth | portrait | reading | sandals | shield (armor) | spear | swords | togas | trophy | unicorn | waistcoat | wig | women
- Associated People:
Hume, David (1711–1776), philosopher and historian
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Joseph Collyer, 1748–1827, British, David Hume, undated