- after 1776
- Etching and line engraving on medium, moderately textured, cream wove paper, laid in mount
- Sheet: 6 7/16 × 4 1/8 inches (16.4 × 10.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "iii.115. | I"
Lettered within image, center, on pedestal: "JAMES HARRIS | MDCCLXXVI"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Chauncey Brewster Tinker
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bust | coat | costume | man | pedestal | philosopher | portrait | profile (figure)
- Associated People:
- Harris, James (1709–1780), philosopher and musical patron
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Basire, 1730–1802, British, James Harris, after 1776
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.