IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by James Basire, 1730–1802, British, Benjamin Hoadly, D. D., Bishop of Winchester, Aged LXXX, 1773
Benjamin Hoadly, D. D., Bishop of Winchester, Aged LXXX
- Additional Title(s):
Ben. Hoadly, D. D.
- Etching on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper, laid in mount
- Sheet: 10 15/16 × 7 3/16 inches (27.8 × 18.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Mii; 375"
Lettered within image, upper center, in oval: "Veritas et Patria."; within image, lower center, in plinth: "BEN. HOADLY, D. D. | Bishop of Winchester. | Aged LXXX."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Chauncey Brewster Tinker
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bishop (prelate) | bust | costume | man | medal | oval | plinth | portrait | profile (figure)
- Associated People:
- Hoadly, Benjamin (1676–1761), bishop of Winchester
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.