Scene on the Loire
- Part Of:
- Line engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 6 15/16 × 10 9/16 inches (17.6 × 26.8 cm), Plate: 5 7/8 × 8 15/16 inches (14.9 × 22.7 cm), and Image: 3 11/16 × 5 5/8 inches (9.4 × 14.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite upper left: "449"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "449"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower right:"Engraved by R. Wallis."; lettered, lower center: "Scene on the Loire."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Chauncey Brewster Tinker
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape (representation) | river
- Associated Places:
- Europe | France | Loire
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Wallis, 1794–1878, British, Scene on the Loire, 1833
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.