Virgin and Child
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- 14 × 10 1/16 inches (35.6 × 25.6 cm) and 12 11/16 × 9 7/8 inches (32.2 × 25.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "[SV 11012]?; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "273"
Lettered, lower left: "Van Dyke pinxt."; lettered, lower right: "C.Corbut fecit"; lettered, lower center: "VIRGIN AND CHILD. | London, Printed for Robt. Sayer, at No.53 in Fleet Street."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baby | child | Christianity | halo | holding | mother | religious and mythological subject | sleeping | veils | virgin | woman
- Associated People:
- The Virgin Mary
Jesus Christ (7-2 BC/BCE to 30-36 AD/CE)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Richard Purcell, active 1746–1766, Irish, Virgin and Child, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.