Abraham's Servant Presenteth Rebekah
- between 1700 and 1725
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 12 3/16 × 8 15/16 inches (31 × 22.7 cm), Plate: 11 13/16 × 8 5/8 inches (30 × 21.9 cm), and Image: 10 1/16 × 8 9/16 inches (25.6 × 21.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "367"
Lettered, lower center: "Abrahams Servant presenteth Rebekah"; lettered, lower left: "Phil. [Lanra] pinx. J. Simon fec. Cum Privilegio"; lettered, lower right: "Sold by E. Cooper at ye 9 Pigeons in Bedford street Covent Garden."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beauty | camels | Christianity | headscarf | honor | Judaism | men | necklace | Old Testament | praying | religious and mythological subject | rope | servant | springs (bodies of water) | turban | vase | wife | woman
- Associated People:
Rebekah, wife of Isaac and sister of Laban
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Simon, 1675–1755, French, Abraham's Servant Presenteth Rebekah, between 1700 and 1725
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.