- Mezzotint on moderately thck, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 14 3/4 × 10 7/16 inches (37.5 × 26.5 cm), Plate: 13 13/16 × 9 7/8 inches (35.1 × 25.1 cm), and Image: 12 5/16 × 9 7/8 inches (31.3 × 25.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "#92"
Lettered, lower left: "Etienne Jeaurat pinx | How amiable the Fair, who's thoughts & Deeds, | From rules of Piety & Truth proceeds;"; lettered, lower center: "The Devout"; lettered, lower right: "J. Simon fec & ex. | Who's Mind unto no sensual pleasures given | But in her Breast enjoys a perfect Heaven."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- books | Christianity | columns | contemplation | crucifix | dress | faith | ivy | landscape | monastery | mountain | praying | reading | religious and mythological subject | trees | veil | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.