- Mezzotint on moderately thck, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 14 3/4 × 10 7/16 inches (37.5 × 26.5 cm), Plate: 13 13/16 × 9 7/8 inches (35.1 × 25.1 cm), and Image: 12 5/16 × 9 7/8 inches (31.3 × 25.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "#92"
Lettered, lower left: "Etienne Jeaurat pinx | How amiable the Fair, who's thoughts & Deeds, | From rules of Piety & Truth proceeds;"; lettered, lower center: "The Devout"; lettered, lower right: "J. Simon fec & ex. | Who's Mind unto no sensual pleasures given | But in her Breast enjoys a perfect Heaven."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- books | Christianity | columns | contemplation | crucifix | dress | faith | ivy | landscape | monastery | mountain | praying | reading | religious and mythological subject | trees | veil | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.