Virgin and Child
- Mezzotint on moderately thck, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 15 9/16 × 11 15/16 inches (39.5 × 30.3 cm), Plate: 14 × 10 5/16 inches (35.6 × 26.2 cm), and Image: 13 1/8 × 10 1/4 inches (33.3 × 26 cm)
inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "93"
Lettered, lower center: "Ex Tabula Guidi, in Pinacotheca Roberti Child Arm Londini. | Alta 5 pedes 8 pollices, lata 4 pedes et dimid. | Cum Privileg Reg."; leettered, lower left: "J. Simon fecit."; lettered, lower right: "Sold by E Cooper at the 3 Pidgeons in Bedford Street."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- building | child | Christianity | clouds | curtain | mother | platform | sandal | sash | standing | throne | veil | virgin
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Simon, 1675–1755, French, Virgin and Child, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.