Virgin and Child
- Mezzotint on moderately thck, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- 15 9/16 × 11 15/16 inches (39.5 × 30.3 cm), 14 × 10 5/16 inches (35.6 × 26.2 cm), and 13 1/8 × 10 1/4 inches (33.3 × 26 cm)
inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "93"
Lettered, lower center: "Ex Tabula Guidi, in Pinacotheca Roberti Child Arm Londini. | Alta 5 pedes 8 pollices, lata 4 pedes et dimid. | Cum Privileg Reg."; leettered, lower left: "J. Simon fecit."; lettered, lower right: "Sold by E Cooper at the 3 Pidgeons in Bedford Street."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- building | child | Christianity | clouds | curtain | holding | mother | platform | religious and mythological subject | sandal | sash | sitting | standing | throne | veil | virgin
- Associated People:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Simon, 1675–1755, French, Virgin and Child, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.