S. Maria Magdalena
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, wove paper
- 7 1/4 × 6 inches (18.4 × 15.2 cm), 7 1/16 × 5 3/4 inches (17.9 × 14.6 cm), and 6 5/8 × 5 11/16 inches (16.8 × 14.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "W. Faithorne? | 228A"
Lettered, lower center: "S Maria Magdalena"; lettered lower right: "J. Smith ex."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- awe | Christianity | dress | faith | gazing | religious and mythological subject | saint | woman
- Associated People:
- Mary Magdalene, Saint (early 1st c. AD – mid-late 1st c. AD)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by unknown artist, seventeenth century-eighteenth century, S. Maria Magdalena, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.