- between 1681 and 1688
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed to plate): 6 1/8 × 4 11/16 inches (15.6 × 11.9 cm) and Image: 5 13/16 × 4 9/16 inches (14.8 × 11.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "10206"
Lettered, lower center: "ST. FRANCES"; lettered, lower right: "J. Smith ex:"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- book | Christianity | crucifix | forest | kneeling | pointing | religious and mythological subject | rope | sackcloth | saint | tonsure | trees
- Associated People:
- St. Francis
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by unknown artist, seventeenth century, St. Francis, between 1681 and 1688
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.