Print made by John Smith, 1652–1743, British, Pieta, between 1681 and 1688
- between 1681 and 1688
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 5 11/16 × 6 15/16 inches (14.4 × 17.6 cm) and Plate: 5 7/16 × 6 11/16 inches (13.8 × 17 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "250b"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- body | cherub | Christianity | cloth | clouds | cross (object) | crown of thorns | death | halos | mourning | nails | pain | Passion | praying | religious and mythological subject | sacrifice | veil | wings | wounds
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.