Cupids Trying Out a Bow
- Materials & Techniques:
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 4 7/8 × 3 13/16 inches (12.4 × 9.7 cm), Image: 4 1/2 × 3 3/4 inches (11.4 × 9.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "255e"
Lettered, lower right: "J Smith ex:"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arrows | bows | children | cloak | cupids | fixing | forest | love | nudes | religious and mythological subject | stump | wings
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Smith, 1652–1743, British, Cupids Trying Out a Bow, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.