Print made by John Smith, 1652–1743, British, Cupids Trying Out a Bow, undated
Cupids Trying Out a Bow
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, blued white, laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed to plate): 4 7/8 × 3 13/16 inches (12.4 × 9.7 cm) and Image: 4 1/2 × 3 3/4 inches (11.4 × 9.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "255e"
Lettered, lower right: "J Smith ex:"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arrows | bows | children | cloak | cupids | fixing | forest | love | nudes
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.