Annunciatio Beatae Mariae Virginis
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 12 1/8 × 9 inches (30.8 × 22.9 cm), Plate: 11 13/16 × 8 3/4 inches (30 × 22.2 cm), and Image: 10 7/8 × 8 11/16 inches (27.6 × 22.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, verso, lower left: "Lili[en]"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "378"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, verso, lower right: "J. Smith"
Lettered, lower center: "Annunciatio Beatae Maria Virginis. | Pax fibi, plena Grafia Dominus norferfecum Benedicta inter Mulierer."; lettered, lower left: "Titian Pinxit"; lettered, lower center: "J. Smith fecit."; lettered, lower right: "P. Tempest excudit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- basket | bookstand | Christianity | cloth | clouds | dove | flowers | New Testament | pregnancy | the Annunciation: Mary kneeling - Mary to the left, the angel to the right | veil | virgin
- Associated People:
The Holy Spirit
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Smith, 1652–1743, British, Annunciatio Beatae Mariae Virginis, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.