Tristis Mea est Anima Usque ad Mortem / My Soul is Sorrowful Even Unto Death
- Additional Title(s):
Agony of Jesus, in the Garden of Gethsamane
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, blued white, laid paper
- 9 9/16 × 7 1/16 inches (24.3 × 17.9 cm) and 9 × 6 7/8 inches (22.9 × 17.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "229B"
Lettered, lower center: Tristis mea est anima usque ad mortem."; lettered, lower right: "J Smith ex."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- agony | building | Christianity | clouds | cup | disciples | Gospels | halo | hill | kneeling | love | moon | New Testament | night | Passion | praying | religious and mythological subject | sacrifice | sleeping | sorrow
- Associated People:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Smith, 1652–1743, British, Tristis Mea est Anima Usque ad Mortem / My Soul is Sorrowful Even Unto Death, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.