Venus Holding the Apple of Paris
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 7 3/8 × 5 3/4 inches (18.7 × 14.6 cm), Plate: 7 × 5 5/16 inches (17.8 × 13.5 cm), and Image: 6 11/16 × 5 5/16 inches (17 × 13.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "82a"
Lettered, lower right: "Sold by J. Smith in Russell Street."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apple | beauty | bow | cupids | doves | goddess | music | nude | pearls | religious and mythological subject | sitting | trees | victory | violin | wings | wreath
- Associated People:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Smith, 1652–1743, British, Venus Holding the Apple of Paris, 1695