Diana and Acteon
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 11 5/8 × 15 3/4 inches (29.5 × 40 cm), Plate: 9 7/8 × 13 3/4 inches (25.1 × 34.9 cm), and Image: 9 13/16 × 13 11/16 inches (24.9 × 34.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "John Smith"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "#35"
Lettered, lower right: "P. Berchet in. et pinx. J. Smith fec. et ex."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- antlers | arch | bathing | bow | goddess | hunter | hunting dogs | lake | man | metamorphoses of male persons into mammals | mountain | nudes | nymphs | punishment | quiver | religious and mythological subject | rocks | spear | stag | trees
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Smith, 1652–1743, British, Diana and Acteon, 1705
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.