Diana and Acteon
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- 11 5/8 × 15 3/4 inches (29.5 × 40 cm), 9 7/8 × 13 3/4 inches (25.1 × 34.9 cm), and 9 13/16 × 13 11/16 inches (24.9 × 34.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "John Smith"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "#35"
Lettered, lower right: "P. Berchet in. et pinx. J. Smith fec. et ex."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- antlers | arch | bathing | bow | goddess | hunter | hunting dogs | lake | man | metamorphoses of male persons into mammals | mountain | nudes | nymphs | punishment | quiver | religious and mythological subject | rocks | spear | stag | trees
- Associated People:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Smith, 1652–1743, British, Diana and Acteon, 1705