- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- 15 9/16 × 11 5/16 inches (39.5 × 28.7 cm), 14 1/16 × 9 15/16 inches (35.7 × 25.2 cm), and 12 9/16 × 9 15/16 inches (31.9 × 25.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "S165"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "#26"
Lettered, lower left: "R. Pyle Pinxt. | Now purple Clusters from the spreading Vine | Fair Autumn calls to quaff at Bacchus' Shrine;"; lettered, lower right: "Ja. Watson fecit. | The peach and Nectarine of Luscious Taste, | Are pluck'd to decorate teh rich Repast."; lettered, lower center: "Autumn.| Printed for Carington Bowles next the Chapter House in St. Pauls Church Yard London."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- autumn | figure study | fruit basket | grapes | hat
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.