- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 15 9/16 × 11 5/16 inches (39.5 × 28.7 cm), Plate: 14 1/16 × 9 15/16 inches (35.7 × 25.2 cm), and Image: 12 9/16 × 9 15/16 inches (31.9 × 25.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "S165"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "#26"
Lettered, lower left: "R. Pyle Pinxt. | Now purple Clusters from the spreading Vine | Fair Autumn calls to quaff at Bacchus' Shrine;"; lettered, lower right: "Ja. Watson fecit. | The peach and Nectarine of Luscious Taste, | Are pluck'd to decorate teh rich Repast."; lettered, lower center: "Autumn.| Printed for Carington Bowles next the Chapter House in St. Pauls Church Yard London."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- autumn | figure study | fruit basket | grapes | hat
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.