Man Playing Instrument
- ca. 1700
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 8 9/16 x 7 1/16 inches (21.8 x 17.9 cm), Plate: 7 3/16 x 5 11/16 inches (18.2 x 14.5 cm), and Image: 6 5/8 x 5 11/16 inches (16.9 x 14.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "30257 | [horizontal line] c."; on back, lower left: "a35050 | [horizontal line] ax-"; on back, lower center: "Jan Broedelet | Dutch | about 1700- | Man playing instrument | H211"
collector's stamp of Würtemberg, in black ink, on back, lower center: "w[...]g"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "I. Broedelet fecit."; lower right: "I. Specht excudit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | buildings | costume | curls | feather | genre subject | hat | hurdy-gurdy | man | music | musical instrument | musician | portrait | railings | relief (sculpture) | ruffle | sculptures | stairs | statues | trees
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Jan Broedelet, active 1690, Man Playing Instrument, ca. 1700
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.