Man Playing Instrument
- ca. 1700
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 8 9/16 x 7 1/16 inches (21.8 x 17.9 cm), Plate: 7 3/16 x 5 11/16 inches (18.2 x 14.5 cm), and Image: 6 5/8 x 5 11/16 inches (16.9 x 14.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "30257 | [horizontal line] c."; on back, lower left: "a35050 | [horizontal line] ax-"; on back, lower center: "Jan Broedelet | Dutch | about 1700- | Man playing instrument | H211"
collector's stamp of Würtemberg, in black ink, on back, lower center: "w[...]g"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "I. Broedelet fecit."; lower right: "I. Specht excudit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | buildings | costume | curls | feather | genre subject | hat | hurdy-gurdy | man | music | musical instrument | musician | portrait | railings | relief (sculpture) | ruffle | sculptures | stairs | statues | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Jan Broedelet, active 1690, Man Playing Instrument, ca. 1700
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.