- Saint Jerome
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 20 3/8 × 14 5/8 inches (51.8 × 37.1 cm), Plate: 20 1/8 × 14 inches (51.1 × 35.6 cm), and Image: 18 3/8 × 14 inches (46.7 × 35.6 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "Fine proof | 455"
Scratched lettering below image, lower left: "Mola Pinxit"; lower center: "Publish'd by J.Boydell, Engraver, Cheapside, April 7th. 1777"; lower right: "Engraved by V.Green, Engraver to his Majesty and to the | Elector Palatine"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- barefoot | basket | beard | book | cane | crucifix | flame | hermit | kneeling | lamp | monk | praying | reading | religious and mythological subject | rosary | saint | skull | stone | the monk and hermit Jerome (hieronymus); possible attributes: book, cardinal's hat, crucifix, hour-glass, lion, skull, cane | tree
- Associated People:
- Saint Jerome (ca. 342-420), Roman religious leader
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Valentine Green, 1739–1813, British, Saint Jerome, 1777
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.