Cupid and Psyche
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, blued whie, laid paper
- Sheet: 10 3/16 × 13 1/2 inches (25.9 × 34.3 cm), Plate: 9 13/16 × 13 3/16 inches (24.9 × 33.5 cm), and Image: 9 9/16 × 13 1/16 inches (24.3 × 33.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "A V dyk P"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "460"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "185"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arrows | arrows | beauty | bows (weapons) | box | god | goddess | love | quiver | religious and mythological subject | rescue | river | sleeping | story of Cupid and Psyche (Apuleius, 'Metamorphoses' (Golden Ass) IV 28 - VI 25) | wife | wings
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Bernard Lens, 1659–1725, British, Cupid and Psyche, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.