Tobias and the Angel
- Mezzotint on Moderately thick, slightly textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 18 1/8 × 13 15/16 inches (46 × 35.4 cm) and Image: 16 7/8 × 13 3/4 inches (42.9 × 34.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "79"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "McArdell"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "D-P.278 No.20 Tobias & the Angel | 445"
Lettered, lower left: "Rembrandt f"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | bridge | cloud | dog | horse | horseback riding | house | man | Old Testament | reflection | river | riverbank | staff | the book of Tobit | the journey to Ecbatana (Tobit 4-6) | Tobias and the angel Raphael travelling, accompanied by Tobias' dog | tree | water | woods
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James McArdell, ca. 1729–1765, Irish, Tobias and the Angel, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.