Time Clipping the Wings of Cupid
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 20 1/2 × 14 1/2 inches (52.1 × 36.8 cm), Plate: 20 × 14 inches (50.8 × 35.6 cm), and Image: 18 1/16 × 13 15/16 inches (45.9 × 35.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "436"
Lettered, lower left: "Ant.Van Dyck Eques *Pinxt."; lettered, lower right: "Jas. Mc.Ardell Fect."; lettered, lower center: "From the Original in the Collection of HIs Grace the Duke of Marlboroughh at Blenheim. | 5 feet 11 inches High. 3 feet 8 inchs. Wide."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arrow | broken | clippers | cloud | early life, prime youth of Cupid | feather | god | infancy, upbringing of Cupid | infant | leaning | pain | pillar | quiver | religious and mythological subject | rock | scythe | skull | stump | suffering, misfortune of Cupid | tree | trimming | wings
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James McArdell, ca. 1729–1765, Irish, Time Clipping the Wings of Cupid, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.