- The Lord of the Vineyard Paying His Labourers
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 17 5/16 × 11 7/8 inches (44 × 30.2 cm), Plate: 14 × 10 inches (35.6 × 25.4 cm), and Image: 11 1/2 × 10 inches (29.2 × 25.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "#128"
Lettered, lower left: "Rembrandt. pinxit | THE LORD OF THE VINEYARD | PAYING HIS LABOURERS."; lettered, lower right: "M. A. Picot.Fecit. | LE SEIGNEUR DE LA VIGNE | PAYANS SES OUVRIERS."; lettered, lower center: "Published with Mr. Boydells Permission May 1771, by Picot & Delattre, Print Sellers St. Martin's Lane."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by M. A. Picot, 1782–1838, The Lord of the Vineyard Paying His Labourers, 1771
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.