- Additional Title(s):
- early 1750s
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 20 3/16 x 13 7/8 inches (51.2 x 35.2 cm), Plate: 15 1/16 x 10 11/16 inches (38.3 x 27.1 cm), and Image: 13 3/4 x 10 5/8 inches (35 x 27 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "KHK 12"; lower left: "A 113"
Lettered, lower center: "S. Bartholomaeus. | Quis non optaret, ut lucerna tantae claritatis nequaquam sub modio lateret, sed supra candela = | brum pomeretur, et omnibus, qui in domo ecclesiae sunt, luceret? quis rogo nom cuperet, ut tantus | confessor fulu DEI computaretur inter magnos Apostolos? Ruper: Fuit in Joan: C. 1. | Johann Baptista Piazzetta Venetus delineavit J. C. Leopold excud Aug. Vind. Johann Lorenz Haid Sculpsit."; lower right: "C. 6."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apostle | Christian | Christianity | cloak | curls | dagger | disciple | gaze | halo | historical subject | knife | profile | religious | religious and mythological subject | solemn | thoughtful
- Associated People:
- St. Bartholomew
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Johann Lorenz Haid, 1702–1750, German, S. Bartholomaeus, early 1750s
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.