- S. Bartholomaeus
- early 1750s
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 20 3/16 x 13 7/8 inches (51.2 x 35.2 cm), Plate: 15 1/16 x 10 11/16 inches (38.3 x 27.1 cm), and Image: 13 3/4 x 10 5/8 inches (35 x 27 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "KHK 12"; lower left: "A 113"
Lettered, lower center: "S. Bartholomaeus. | Quis non optaret, ut lucerna tantae claritatis nequaquam sub modio lateret, sed supra candela = | brum pomeretur, et omnibus, qui in domo ecclesiae sunt, luceret? quis rogo nom cuperet, ut tantus | confessor fulu DEI computaretur inter magnos Apostolos? Ruper: Fuit in Joan: C. 1. | Johann Baptista Piazzetta Venetus delineavit J. C. Leopold excud Aug. Vind. Johann Lorenz Haid Sculpsit."; lower right: "C. 6."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apostle | Christian | Christianity | cloak | curls | dagger | disciple | gaze | halo | historical subject | knife | profile | religious | religious and mythological subject | solemn | thoughtful
- Associated People:
- St. Bartholomew
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Johann Lorenz Haid, 1702–1750, German, S. Bartholomaeus, early 1750s
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.