- Additional Title(s):
- early 1750s
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 20 3/16 x 14 1/16 inches (51.2 x 35.7 cm), Plate: 15 3/16 x 10 13/16 inches (38.5 x 27.5 cm), and Image: 13 3/4 x 10 13/16 inches (34.9 x 27.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "KHK 13"; lower left: "A 108"
Lettered, lower center: "S. Matthaeus. | Publicamum Matthaeus se appellat, ut, ubi abumdavit iniquitas, superabundet et gratia. | Johann Baptista PIazzetta Venetus delineavit. Joh, Christian Leopold excud. Aug Vind. Johann Lorenz Haid Sculpsit."; lower right: "C. 8."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apostle | beard | Christian | Christianity | cloak | curls | disciple | gaze | halo | historical subject | moustache | profile | reading | religious | religious and mythological subject | solemn | thoughtful
- Associated People:
- Matthew the Evangelist, Saint
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Johann Lorenz Haid, 1702–1750, German, S. Matthaeus, early 1750s
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.