IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Johann Lorenz Haid, 1702–1750, German, S. Matthaeus, early 1750s
- Additional Title(s):
- early 1750s
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 20 3/16 x 14 1/16 inches (51.2 x 35.7 cm), Plate: 15 3/16 x 10 13/16 inches (38.5 x 27.5 cm), Image: 13 3/4 x 10 13/16 inches (34.9 x 27.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "KHK 13"; lower left: "A 108"
Lettered, lower center: "S. Matthaeus. | Publicamum Matthaeus se appellat, ut, ubi abumdavit iniquitas, superabundet et gratia. | Johann Baptista PIazzetta Venetus delineavit. Joh, Christian Leopold excud. Aug Vind. Johann Lorenz Haid Sculpsit."; lower right: "C. 8."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apostle | beard | Christian | Christianity | cloak | curls | disciple | gaze | halo | historical subject | moustache | profile | reading | religious | religious and mythological subject | solemn | thoughtful
- Associated People:
- Matthew the Evangelist, Saint
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.