- S. Matthaeus
- early 1750s
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 20 3/16 x 14 1/16 inches (51.2 x 35.7 cm), Plate: 15 3/16 x 10 13/16 inches (38.5 x 27.5 cm), and Image: 13 3/4 x 10 13/16 inches (34.9 x 27.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "KHK 13"; lower left: "A 108"
Lettered, lower center: "S. Matthaeus. | Publicamum Matthaeus se appellat, ut, ubi abumdavit iniquitas, superabundet et gratia. | Johann Baptista PIazzetta Venetus delineavit. Joh, Christian Leopold excud. Aug Vind. Johann Lorenz Haid Sculpsit."; lower right: "C. 8."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apostle | beard | Christian | Christianity | cloak | curls | disciple | gaze | halo | historical subject | moustache | profile | reading | religious | religious and mythological subject | solemn | thoughtful
- Associated People:
- Matthew the Evangelist, Saint
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Johann Lorenz Haid, 1702–1750, German, S. Matthaeus, early 1750s
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.