S. Jacobus Minor
- Additional Title(s):
Saint James the Lesser
- early 1750s
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 20 1/16 x 14 inches (51 x 35.6 cm), Plate: 15 3/16 x 10 5/8 inches (38.5 x 27 cm), Image: 13 13/16 x 10 5/8 inches (35.1 x 27 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "KHK 14"
Lettered, lower center: "S. Jacobus minor. | Solus ingrediebabur templum, et fixis genibus pro populo deprecabatur, in tantum, ut ca = | melorion duritiem traxisse euis genua crederentur. Hegesuppus apud Hieron. de. S. E. C. 2. | Johann Pabtista Piazzetta Venetus delineavit. Joh. Christian Leopold excud. Aug. Vind. Johann Lorenz Haid Sculpsit."; lower right: "C. 9"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apostle | beard | Christian | Christianity | cloak | curls | disciple | gaze | halo | historical subject | moustache | religious | religious and mythological subject | solemn | staff | thoughtful
- Associated People:
- St. James the Lesser
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Johann Lorenz Haid, 1702–1750, German, S. Jacobus Minor, early 1750s
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.