- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 17 x 11 15/16 inches (43.2 x 30.3 cm), Plate: 15 3/16 x 10 11/16 inches (38.5 x 27.2 cm), and Image: 13 13/16 x 10 11/16 inches (35.1 x 27.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "KHK15"
Lettered, lower center: "S. Matthias. | Egressus est coelum sublatus Judas laqueo, | Ingressus est coelum sublatus Matthias cruce. | Mencea Groec. ad IX Aug. | Johann Baptista Piazzetta Venetus delineavit. Joh Christian Leopold excudit Aug. Vind. Johann Lorenz Haid Sculpsit."; lower right: "C. 12"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apostle | axe | beard | Christian | Christianity | cloak | curls | disciple | gaze | halo | historical subject | moustache | religious | religious and mythological subject | solemn | staff | thoughtful
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Johann Lorenz Haid, 1702–1750, German, S. Matthias, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.