- Additional Title(s):
- early 1750s
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 20 1/8 x 13 15/16 inches (51.1 x 35.4 cm), Plate: 15 3/16 x 10 9/16 inches (38.5 x 26.9 cm), Image: 13 7/8 x 10 9/16 inches (35.2 x 26.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "KHK 17"
Lettered, lower center: "S. Petrus. | Petrus crucis, sicut salvator, exitum tulit, et a dominicae devotionis similitudine nec morte, | discretus est, ut, quem imitabatur fide, imitaretur et passione. Ambros. serm. LXVIII. | Johann Baptista Piazzetta Venetus delineavit. J. C. Leopold excudit Aug. Vind. Johann Lorenz Haid Sculpsit."; lower right: "C.1"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apostle | beard | Christian | Christianity | cloak | curls | disciple | gaze | halo | historical subject | keys | moustache | religious | religious and mythological subject | solemn | thoughtful
- Associated People:
- St. Peter
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Johann Lorenz Haid, 1702–1750, German, S. Petrus, early 1750s
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.