- S. Petrus
- early 1750s
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 20 1/8 x 13 15/16 inches (51.1 x 35.4 cm), Plate: 15 3/16 x 10 9/16 inches (38.5 x 26.9 cm), and Image: 13 7/8 x 10 9/16 inches (35.2 x 26.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "KHK 17"
Lettered, lower center: "S. Petrus. | Petrus crucis, sicut salvator, exitum tulit, et a dominicae devotionis similitudine nec morte, | discretus est, ut, quem imitabatur fide, imitaretur et passione. Ambros. serm. LXVIII. | Johann Baptista Piazzetta Venetus delineavit. J. C. Leopold excudit Aug. Vind. Johann Lorenz Haid Sculpsit."; lower right: "C.1"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apostle | beard | Christian | Christianity | cloak | curls | disciple | gaze | halo | historical subject | keys | moustache | religious | religious and mythological subject | solemn | thoughtful
- Associated People:
- St. Peter
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Johann Lorenz Haid, 1702–1750, German, S. Petrus, early 1750s
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.