Portrait of Man
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Portrait of a Boy and a Dog
- early 1750s
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 20 1/4 x 14 15/16 inches (51.5 x 38 cm), Plate: 15 5/16 x 10 3/4 inches (38.9 x 27.3 cm), Image: 14 11/16 x 10 9/16 inches (37.3 x 26.8 cm), Plate: 15 3/16 x 10 5/8 inches (38.6 x 27 cm), and Image: 13 7/16 x 10 5/8 inches (34.2 x 27 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "KHK 18a"; on back, upper left: "KHK 18b"
Lettered, lower left: "Joh. Baptisa Piazzetta | Delineavit"; lower center left: "Lorenz Haid | Sculpsit"; lower center right: "Cum Gratia et Privilegio Sacri Romani | Imperii Vicariatus."; lower right: "Johann Christian Leopold Excudit | Augusta Vindelicorum. A.5." Verso, lower left: "Johann Baptista Piazzetta Venetus delineavit | Cum Gratia et Privilegio Sacre Caesareae Majestatis"; lower right: "Johann Lorenz Haid Sculpsit. | a. 22. | Johan Christian Leopold Excudit Augustace Vindelicorum"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal | beard | boy | child | cloak | collar | dog (animal) | family | gaze | genre subject | gesturing | man | moustache | old | youth
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Johann Lorenz Haid, 1702–1750, German, Portrait of Man, early 1750s
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.