Portrait of a Man wearing a Cap
- early 1750s
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 15 7/8 x 11 5/16 inches (40.4 x 28.7 cm), Plate: 15 1/16 x 10 1/2 inches (38.2 x 26.6 cm), and Image: 14 9/16 x 10 1/2 inches (37 x 26.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "KHK 21"
Lettered, lower left: "Joh. Baptista Piazzetta | Venetus delineavit"; lower center left: "Lorenz Haid | delineavit."; lower center right: "Cum Gratia et Privilegio Sacri Romani | Imperii Vicariatus."; lower right: "Johann Christian Leopold excudit. | Augusta Vindelicorum."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buttons | cap | collar | genre subject | man | profile
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Johann Lorenz Haid, 1702–1750, German, Portrait of a Man wearing a Cap, early 1750s
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.