Le paysan paresseux
- Additional Title(s):
Le paisan parresseux
The Lazy Farmer
- early 1750s
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 16 1/4 x 11 3/4 inches (41.2 x 29.8 cm), Plate: 15 1/16 x 10 1/2 inches (38.3 x 26.7 cm), Image: 14 1/2 x 10 1/2 inches (36.8 x 26.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "KHK 28"; in brown ink, lower center: "le paisan parresseux"
Lettered, lower left: "Johnn Baptista Piazzetta | Venetius delineavit."; lower center left: "Lorenz Haid | sculpsit."; lower center right: "Cum Cratia et Privilegio Sacr. Casareae | Majestatis."; lower right: "Johann Christian Leopold excudit | Augustae Vindelicorum a.16."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boy | cravat | farmer | gaze | genre subject | gesture | lazy | long hair | man | peasant | sloth
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Johann Lorenz Haid, 1702–1750, German, Le paysan paresseux, early 1750s
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.