Portrait of a Woman Holding Fruit
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed to plate): 15 3/8 × 10 13/16 inches (39 × 27.4 cm) and Image: 14 3/4 x 10 9/16 inches (37.5 x 26.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper left: "KHK 34"; lower center: "a/c Hortton | Augst. 9 | 1841"; lower left: "j | A 1 to 1 | sold 2.2.6"
Lettered, lower left: "Johann Baptista Piazzetta | Venetus delineavit"; lower center left: "Lorenz Haid sculpsit"; lower center right: "Cum Gratia et Privilegio Sacrae Caesareae | Majestatis"; lower right: "Johann CHristian Leopold excudit | Augustae Vindelicorum a.11."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- eating | food | fruit | genre subject | profile | ribbons | scarf | stripes | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Johann Lorenz Haid, 1702–1750, German, Portrait of a Woman Holding Fruit, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.