- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 1/2 x 11 1/8 inches (36.9 x 28.2 cm), Plate: 13 7/8 x 9 15/16 inches (35.3 x 25.2 cm), and Image: 12 11/16 x 9 15/16 inches (32.2 x 25.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper, left: "KHK 39"
Lettered, lower left: "Amoroso Pinx,,t"; lower center: "THE MUSICIAN. | Printed for J. Boydell Engraver in Cheapside 1764"; lower right: "J. G. Haid fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- belt (costume accessory) | bread | coat | cravat | curls | entertainment | flowers (plants) | fur | gaze | genre subject | guitar | hat | music | musician | pen | performance | playing | Spanish | strings | vest
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Johann Lorenz Haid, 1702–1750, German, The Musician, 1764
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.